The Cold Laser: The Healthcare Tool of the 21st Century
Low Level Light Stimulate ATP in Our Cells
Low-level lasers stimulate the body’s light-sensitive components to produce an effect similar to photosynthesis in plants — the cells’ mitochondria are stimulated, encouraging the cell to produce more ATP naturally.
Minneapolis clients will appreciate this science based explanation of why Cold Laser Therapy (LLLT) works!
Low Level Lasers work to photo-bio-stimulate chemically damaged cells using specific wavelengths of light. When cells are chemically damaged they stimulate the pain cycle. Laser excites the kinetic energy within cells by transmitting healing stimuli known as photons.
The skin absorbs these photons via a photo-chemical effect, not photo-thermal; therefore, it does not cause heat damage to the tissues. Once photons reach the cells of the body, they promote a cascade of cellular activities. Laser therapy light can ignite the production of enzymes, stimulate mitochondria, increase vasodilation, (dilatation of the blood vessels, as by the action of a nerve) lymphatic drainage, ATP synthesis, (ATP synthesis is the formation of ATP through the interaction of the ATP synthase enzyme with cellular material. ATP is the basic unit of energy that enables the cells of most living organisms to function) and elevate collagen formation substances to prevent the formation of scar tissues. This is a critical step in reducing long term disabling chronic myofascial pain syndromes. Other formative cells are also positively influenced and immune enhancing effects are increased in the number of macrophages. Simply stated, laser enables patients to get out of pain faster and heal at the same time.
Longevity Sciences can direct you to the best Cold laser application for your situation. The cold laser has been called “The Therapy” of the 21st century. In over 1700 publications, there have been no recorded negative side-effects. This versatile tool is totally safe, non-toxic, and easy to use. In around thirty years of using the cold laser, it has become one of the most versatile conjunctive tools we have ever used. It has potent synergistic effects when combined with nutritional therapies.
This promising tool is called the cold laser, the soft laser, the low-power laser, or the low level laser. The term laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation. All lasers emit coherent, focused light that travels in a narrow beam in one direction.
- High Power, “hot” lasers have shorter wavelengths, which have catabolic effects that can deliberately destroy tissue in cauterizing and surgical applications
- Low Power, “soft”, “cool”, or “cold” lasers have longer wavelengths that have anabolic (synthesis of complex molecules) effects that promote rapid reduction of pain, accelerate healing time, and accelerate growth and repair.
Cold lasers or low-level laser therapy (LLLT) have stimulative effects rather than destructive ones. It may be the perfect conjunctive tool for chiropractic treatments and myofascial release. Clinical applications of the cold laser have included acute and chronic pain reduction from many etiologies,(cause of disease) inflammation reduction, enhanced tissue healing, and cell regeneration. The results have shown very rapid pain reduction and accelerated recovery times, far exceeding conventional methods.
BENEFITS OF COLD LASER THERAPY:
- Virtually No ContraIndications (No Harm)
- Cold Laser Therapy is Easy to Apply
- No Side Effects or Pain
- Very Safe
- Highly Effective for Patient (more than 90% efficacy)
- Superior Alternative to: Analgesics, NSAID’s, Other Medications, Other Modalities
- Reduces Need for Surgery
Therapeutic Laser Biological Effects:
- Rapid Cell Growth — Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster Wound Healing — Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (tissue repair) and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- Increased Metabolic Activity — Higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and thus greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP).
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation — Laser light reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or post surgery.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action — Laser light reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give enhanced joint mobility.
- Increased Vascular Activity — Laser light induces temporary vasodilation (enlarge B. Vessels, Decrease B. Pressure) thus, increasing blood flow to damaged areas.
- Stimulated Nerve Function — Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in “dead” limbs or numb areas. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell re-connection to bring the numb areas back to life.
- For over 20 years, clinicians found that laser therapy treats a variety of conditions including:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Back Pain-Degenerative Disc with Neoneuralization
- Carpal Tunnel
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Strain
- Soft Tissue Injuries-Meniscus
- Tennis Elbow
Neck and Shoulder Pain
A variety of low level lasers are proven to be effective in reducing and eliminating acute and chronic pain in the neck & shoulders. Many clients find that this solution is a much more effective and immediate alternative to traditional pain medications. Combined with forms of chiropractic and tissue therapy, the LLLT lasers can help patients lead a normal, active, and healthy life without debilitating pain.
Decrease pain, inflammation and increase range of motion.
The Erchonia XLR8, EVRL and PL5000 Laser is used to enhance tissue recovery, effective in accelerating healing for burns and wounds, and significantly advance/speed up injury healing time. Low Level Laser Therapy promotes healing in many conditions, including chronic/acute pain, and other joint and neurological conditions.
Erchonia’s lasers made history by becoming the first to receive FDA market clearance for the treatment of chronic pain and increasing range of motion, proven through two double blind IRB studies. The Erchonia Lasers are the most advanced lasers on the market, with their sleek revolutionary design, patented line generated beam, and the ability to program independent frequencies in all of their family of lasers.
Unlike high power lasers that use heat and destroy tissue, low energy lasers affect the cellular energy of the underlying tissue. Hot lasers have a thermal effect and have an output of 1MW(mega-watt) or more. Cold (or) Low Level Lasers, do not have a thermal effect on tissue: lasers that stimulate biological function have an output below 10mW (milliwatts) (ten- one thousands of a watt).
With over 200 clinical studies – many of which are double-blind, placebo-controlled – and in excess of 2000 published articles on LLLT (low-level laser therapy), this innovative technology has a well-documented research and application history. Having grown far beyond its distant Institutional Review Board (IRB) and experimental treatment status, LLLT is now being considered a therapy of choice for difficult pain management challenges such as fibromyalgia and myofascial pain.
Low Level Laser Therapy is FDA-cleared to successfully treat many conditions such as acute and chronic pain reduction, repetitive use disorders like carpal tunnel syndrome, soft tissue strains and sprains, inflammation reduction, enhanced tissue wound healing, and cell regeneration.
Call Longevity Sciences LLC, for information, application and treatment. 612-703-4822 www.longevitysciences.net